All 75 art Reviews

Spooky Town 03 Spooky Town 03

Nice! I don't really know what to say about art like this except that I really like what you've done. :D

COWABUNGA COWABUNGA

Epic!

AI Learns About Art AI Learns About Art

Nice! I like how those two different worlds meet.
I didn't recognize it as Mona Lisa at first but I saw some distant connection to Michelangelo's 'Creation of Adam' because of that light touch.
Great work. Best of luck to the contest! :)

maxkingdom responds:

hey, thanks for your feedback. Yes, the Creation of Adam was defiantly in my mind while i was planning it. 'Mona' is more a computers understanding of the mona lisa, obviously the things we find recognisable, such as the smile and competition are different.

this is the first time I've uploaded anything to newgrounds, so i didn't even know people could comment on it or rate it...the more you know! *rainbow flies overhead*

the two worlds finally meet the two worlds finally meet

This is a beautiful and very serene picture. Lovely.
I think the idea comes trough pretty well. Especially the digital part.
This will go to my faves! Best of luck to the contest!

Tradigital Generations Tradigital Generations

I smiled immediately when the idea sink into my brain. Fun and good thought!
Some real life references would've helped you to get their anatomy more accurate I think. Grandpa's other thigh is thick while other one is slimmer. Daddy's bottom part is too small compared to the upper part even if he's in the movement. The kiddo looks pretty good.
Some extra attention to the background perhaps..? Especially in front to create even clearer perspective. It might not be nothing but few more sharply drawn grass leaves. :)
Character design you nailed in my opinion, though! Their clothes look great and tell the story for the character carrying them. Well done!
Good luck to the contest! :)

produde123 responds:

Haha wow thanks a lot for the feedback! Anatomy (idk even how to spell it) isn't my strong point but I'm working on it! Plus I got kinda lazy towards the end.. but I'll keep in mind to have more references though!

When the artist goes out When the artist goes out

Wow, there's lots going on here! It tells a whole story!
I'd like to see some crispier edges here and there and more shading on background elements because now for example the watercolor palette looks a bit sloppy. Those notebooks are a good example what I'm after - there's sharpness and there're shades.
I like how you combined these two medias. I'm proud of the dragon for you too! :D

Nikomanis responds:

Oh, wow! Thank you very much you're a very kind person :)
The thing is, I just wanted to make the viewer's eyes follow a path like this professional artists do (my first attempt lol) And i failed a bit (it was obvious) That's maybe the reason behind the sloppiness. Not everything has to be sharp and edgy, am I right? :D And how are you supposed to do shading on a watercolour palette?!! Please, this was such a struggle T.T

The Artsy Fartsy Battle The Artsy Fartsy Battle

There's something intriguing in this piece.
True, there're some mistakes (referring to the other comment here) but if I don't concentrate on them it's a wonderful piece. There're lots of details which I like and some abstractness which I envy that you can do that.
Best of luck to the contest! I have a hunch that you'll do well. :)

A traditional beauty A traditional beauty

Haha, I love that line! "Look at those brush strokes." Clever!
I like the simplicity of the piece. Nice job! :)

The Art of War The Art of War

I came to check your piece since you commented mine. :D
The idea is clever! There's pretty much empty space in the sky... Fill it with something or crop the drawing's size a little perhaps? The composition is okay anyway and has something movie like in it.
I adore those horses the most! :D

JoannaChlopek responds:

haha, thanks!

Lazy panda Lazy panda

Nice and serene scene.
I like the lighting and textures here. Also the perspective works nicely. You're obviously a pro. :D